Mandurah Line Disruption
Thu 02 Jun
- Mon 06 Jun
As part of METRONET's Thornlie-Cockburn Link Project, there will be essential works on the Mandurah Line resulting in a closure between Elizabeth Quay and Aubin Grove stations from the evening of Thursday 2 June until last service Monday 6 June 2022.
During this closure, train replacement buses will operate between Perth and Aubin Grove. Buses will depart Perth from Elizabeth Quay Bus Station.
The last full line trains on Thursday 2 June are:
- Perth to Mandurah: 9.45pm
- Mandurah to Perth: 9.19pm.
Trains will resume with the start of timetabled services on Tuesday 7 June.
Please note there will also be nightly closures on Tuesday 31 May and Wednesday 1 June.
Train replacement buses
Train replacement buses will operate between Elizabeth Quay Bus Station and Aubin Grove Station. Trains will continue to run between Aubin Grove and Mandurah stations at a reduced frequency (every 15 minutes during the day and half-hourly at night).
Train replacement buses at Elizabeth Quay Bus Station will pick up at stands E1-E5 and drop off at E6 and E7.
Train replacement bus services will be scheduled to match the train timetable as closely as possible, however, since buses operate on roads instead of dedicated tracks, they take longer and are affected by traffic.
Train replacement buses will run as follows:
- Route 949 – Express: Between Aubin Grove Station to Elizabeth Quay Bus Station
- Route 909 - Stopping at all train stations: Between Aubin Grove Station and Elizabeth Quay Bus Station via Fiona Stanley Hospital.
- Route 919 – Express: Between Bull Creek Station and Elizabeth Quay Bus Station from approximately 5.29am until approximately 8.12pm
- Route 929 – Express: Between Murdoch Station and Elizabeth Quay Bus Station via Fiona Stanley Hospital from approximately 5.11am until approximately 10.17pm
- Route 939 – Express: Between Cockburn Central Station and Elizabeth Quay Bus Station from approximately 5.07am until approximately 8.10pm
- Route 949 – Express: Between Aubin Grove Station to Elizabeth Quay Bus Station from approximately 5.02am until approximately 2.04am (into Saturday morning).
- Route 909 - Stopping at all train stations: Between Aubin Grove Station and Canning Bridge Stations via Fiona Stanley Hospital.
Route 909 will extend to Elizabeth Quay Bus Station when express services finish for the evening.
Due to restricted space, bicycles are not permitted on Transperth buses, including train replacement services. There are also restrictions on carrying scooters on Transperth buses. Find out more about taking personal transportation devices on board.
Train services: Aubin Grove to Mandurah
Trains will still operate between Aubin Grove and Mandurah Stations. Services will operate at a reduced 15-minute frequency during peak times on Friday 3 June. There will no change to train services at other times.
Please note there will be platform changes at Aubin Grove, Kwinana and Wellard stations and trains can operate from either platform. Follow the Passenger Information Displays at stations. There will also be temporary car park closures at Aubin Grove Station from Friday 3 until Tuesday 7 June. View the Aubin Grove Station access map.
Please plan your journey using the JourneyPlanner, and allow extra travel time.
Alternative bus services
There are several timetabled bus services that run from Canning Bridge and Murdoch stations. In some instances, these services may be a better option if you are travelling between one of these stations and Perth.
These services run on weekdays, and some of them may also run on the weekend. If you are considering catching one of the alternative routes you should plan your journey using JourneyPlanner.
How can I prepare for this disruption?
- Sign up to My Account via our website or app and subscribe to receive email or app notifications
- Plan your journey using the JourneyPlanner or call 13 62 13
- Track your service live using the Transperth app
- Allow additional travel time
- Check where your replacement bus stop is by following signage at stations or checking our Station Access maps
- Where possible, avoid travelling during peak times
- If you require special assistance, please call 1800 800 022 at least one hour before you travel.