These terms and conditions apply to the Transperth Golden SmartRider card giveaway competition (Competition) for a chance to win one of four Golden SmartRiders.
- Entry into this Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter of this Competition is the Public Transport Authority (ABN 61 850 109 576) (PTA) Level 1, Public Transport Centre, West Parade, Perth WA 6000.
- These terms and conditions will prevail if there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and anything else that refers to this Competition.
- Entries are limited to one entry per person. Any double entries will be removed from the prize draw.
WHO CAN ENTER
The Competition opens at 12.00am (AWST) Friday 1 October 2021 and closes at 11.59pm (AWST) Sunday 31 October 2021 (Competition Period). Any entry received after the closure of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid.
To enter, entrants must:
- be aged 18 years and over;
- reside in Western Australia;
- own a valid SmartRider registered in the entrant’s name;
- have completed a valid trip on Transperth services using their registered SmartRider on any day during the month of October
- have correctly tagged on and off with their SmartRider during the Competition Period, and not requested any fare refunds or adjustments; and
- complete the Competition entry form on the Transperth website.
PTA employees and their immediate families (including parents, siblings, de facto, spouses, children and grandparents) are ineligible to participate in the Competition.
Employees of all other departments of the Western Australian Government and their immediate families are eligible to enter.
- The time of entry will be the time the online Competition entry is received by the PTA’s database.
- One winner will be chosen by the PTA at random from the valid entries on each Friday during the Competition Period, excluding Friday 1 October, giving a total of four winners.
- Winners will be notified via phone or email and their name and image will be published on the Transperth website and social media channels.
- The PTA reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including entrant’s identity, age, contact details and place of residence). Any entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions will be deemed invalid.
- Incomplete entries or entries that do not match with the registered SmartRider details of the entrant will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for incorrect, late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- If an entry or entrant that is randomly selected is ineligible to win the Competition, the PTA will continue to draw entries until an eligible entry is drawn.
- Each prize winner will receive a Golden SmartRider which will give them unlimited travel on all Transperth public transport, on services where a SmartRider can be used, including trains, buses, ferries and parking at stations for one (1) year from the date the prize is claimed.
- Each winner will be contacted via phone or email relating to the delivery of the Golden SmartRider following the draw.
- The prize cannot be exchanged, modified, redeemed for cash or be transferred.
- To claim the prize, the winner will be required to respond via phone or email and confirm their correct full name, email address within 24 hours of PTA notifying the entrant. If the prize is unclaimed, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be chosen.
- Decisions of the PTA is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If any prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the PTA reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner releases from, and indemnifies the PTA against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of participation in the Competition or acceptance of any prize(s) including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
- Any additional costs or requirements associated with participation in the Competition or acceptance of any prize(s) are the winner’s responsibility.
- If travel on Transperth services is not possible on the Travel Dates due to a lockdown imposed by the WA Government in response to the outbreak and/or containment of COVID-19, the Competition will be suspended, and the PTA may, in its sole discretion cancel, suspend or amend the Competition.
- The PTA reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the Competition and these terms and conditions without notice in its absolute discretion without liability to any entrant or other person.
- Any changes to the Competition will be published on the Transperth website as soon as possible by the PTA.
- By entering the Competition, entrants consent for the PTA to access and use the entrant’s personal information and travel data collected on the SmartRider number they have provided to determine the entrant’s eligibility in the Competition.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and image by the PTA for the purposes of announcing the winners of this Competition on the Transperth website and social media channels.
- The name and contact details of the prize winner will be shared with the PTA’s agents to the extent necessary for the prize to be delivered to the prize winner only.
- Personal information will not be disclosed by the PTA to any third party without the entrants consent, unless required or authorised to do so by law.
If you have any queries regarding this Competition or the terms and conditions, please contact the Transperth marketing team via email email@example.com.