Chelsea FC v Perth Glory
Mon 23 Jul
Kick off 7.30pm
Your match ticket to Chelsea FC v Perth Glory includes travel on all Transperth services for three hours either side of the game (special event buses only operate one hour after the final siren). If asked, proudly show off your ticket to the driver or inspector.
Keep in mind, you must have your match ticket on you to travel for no extra cost. If you’re planning on collecting your ticket at the venue, you will need to pay a normal fare to get there.
Getting to and from Optus Stadium
Transperth operates an integrated public transport plan to connect event-goers with the Perth CBD and wider metropolitan area. A map of the Optus Stadium precinct centre can be found here.
The Suburban Event Bus Network will not be operating before the match.
Here is a list of alternative bus services to reach the city, where you will need to transfer to a train to Stadium Station, or circular route 661 bus shuttle to Matagarup Bridge Bus Stands.
Matagarup Bridge Bus Stands
With the opening of Matagarup Bridge, the Transperth special event bus network has undergone changes.
Route 661 CBD Shuttle
This service will run as a circular route, anti-clockwise before the game and clockwise afterwards, operating to and from Matagarup Bridge Bus Stands (on the East Perth side of the bridge) via Wellington St, Milligan St, and Adelaide/St Georges Tce. Passengers will need to walk over Matagarup Bridge to get to Optus Stadium.
Route 661 will no longer enter Elizabeth Quay Bus Station so passengers will need to board from St Georges Tce (Stops 10116 and 10119). The new route will also stop on Wellington St, near Perth Busport.
Perth Stadium Bus Station – changes to departure stands
The following routes will undergo stand changes:
- Route 650 will now depart from stands 18 - 22
- Route 654 will now depart from stands 12 and 13, on the west side of Perth Stadium Bus Station
- Route 656 will now depart from stands 10 and 11
- Route 657 will now depart from stands 8 and 9.
To get you to the match, trains stopping at Perth Stadium Station depart Perth Station approximately every 7 minutes, from 2.37pm.
If you’re leaving early you will need to take a Perth train shuttle from the Eastern Concourse.
Some services will be affected on Optus Stadium event days.
- The pedestrian and level crossing on Moore St will be non-operational between 5.00pm and 12.00am. Pedestrians can use the McIver Station underpass at the east end of the station.
- Thornlie Line trains will be cancelled between approximately 8.17pm and 11.17pm. Passengers can take the Armadale Line to connect with train replacement buses, operating between Thornlie and Cannington stations.
- Trains on the Armadale and Midland lines will not stop at Claisebrook or McIver stations between approximately 8.49pm and 10.52pm. Train replacement buses will be operating during this time. Route 905 runs on a 10-minute frequency between Perth Busport and East Perth Station, stopping at Claisebrook, McIver and Perth stations and at Wellington St after Forrest Pl (Stop 12924).
Services will be busy, please allow extra travel time getting to and from the event.
Remember to use our JourneyPlanner for the latest information before you travel.
For more information, call 13 62 13 (TIS: 13 14 50). Hearing or speech impaired? Call via NRS 133 677 and ask for 13 62 13.