To assist with contact tracing when using the Free Transit Zone please use a SmartRider and tag on and off each service. You will not be charged a fare if your journey starts and finishes within the FTZ.
- To travel free, you must start and finish your journey within the zone.
- If your journey starts or finishes outside the zone, you must pay a fare for the whole journey.
- The Free Transit Zone logo on bus stops identifies the boundaries of the zone
- If your journey either starts or finishes outside the zone, you should tag on and tag off in the normal way.
- If you tag on inside the zone without tagging off, we will charge you the default fare for that bus service.