Under the latest public health measures in effect, masks are mandatory on all Transperth services, unless you have an exemption.
For more information on the latest measures visit wa.gov.au.
If you refuse to wear a mask that you have or when you are given one, you may be denied travel. If you are exempt from wearing a mask we ask that for your safety, and that of fellow passengers, you physically distance where possible on board our services.
Primary school students (or younger) are exempt from mandatory mask wearing rules, however they can choose to wear a mask if they wish to.
When travelling with us there are a few things that we ask you do:
- Wear a mask onboard all services unless you have an exemption. Mask wearing at bus stops, stations and ferry jetties is encouraged
- If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please ensure you're travelling with relevant exemption documents as we may ask to see them, and can refuse you travel if you aren't carrying them with you
- Physically distance, where possible
- Use a SmartRider when you are travelling. Please make sure it is registered and keep your registration up to date. You can do this here: Registering your SmartRider card (transperth.wa.gov.au)
- When using the Free Transit Zone (FTZ) please use a SmartRider and tag on and off each service. You will not be charged a fare if your journey starts and finishes within the FTZ
For the safety of our bus drivers we have sectioned off the two seats immediately behind the driver and ask that you:
- Limit your contact with the bus driver.
- Pay with a SmartRider.
- Exit via the rear doors if it is safe for you to do so, or you require the front doors for low floor access.