We also have Pay by Plate payment option available at most stations*. You can use cash or your SmartRider to pay for parking. If you're using a SmartRider to pay it doesn't need to be registered.
Pay by Plate (cash payment) is also your best option when travelling to an event with included travel on Transperth services.
When using the Pay by Plate option, you will need to input your licence plate number.
How to use the new Pay by Plate machine:
- Park your vehicle in an available bay and make your way to the Pay by Plate machine located near the station entrance. Remember to make a note of your licence plate number.
- Press the Pay by Plate button to activate the machine and enter your licence plate number then press the green tick
- Select your payment method by pressing either 1 (coins) or 2 (SmartRider)**
- For SmartRider payment, place your SmartRider on the target icon until you hear the confirmation beep. The screen will read, “Payment O.K. $2”,
- If you’re using cash, just insert $2 into the machine (if you insert more that $2 no change will be given)
- Collect your receipt, this is for your records only and does not need to be placed in your car
- Continue on your journey, just remember to tag on and off at the station if you are using a SmartRider.
Parking at stations is for Transperth customers only.
When you use your SmartRider to pay for parking you must tag on to a bus or train from the station you parked at, on the same day you parked. If you fail to tag on after paying for parking on two consecutive occasions your card will be blocked from using the parking facilities.
*Pay by Plate is not available at Claremont, Seaforth or Swanbourne stations. These stations are SmartParker only.
**Murdoch and Fremantle Stations do not accept cash payments. If you wish to use the Pay by Plate option you will need to pay via SmartRider.