You may apply for a Tertiary SmartRider only if you are:
- enrolled in full-time studies at a Western Australian University or TAFE College, or
- a secondary school student attending school in the year you turn 19 or older, or
- an interstate primary or secondary school student.
You are unable to apply for a Tertiary SmartRider if you are
- a part-time student
- studying by correspondence
- enrolled in an interstate or overseas institution
- a visiting interstate or overseas tertiary student
Tertiary SmartRider is the only ID we accept
We don’t accept student identification from your educational institution as proof that you are a full-time tertiary student. If you want a concession fare, you must carry your Tertiary SmartRider with you, even if you buy a cash ticket. No other form of concession will be accepted.
If you’re travelling with a Tertiary SmartRider you may be required to provide additional identification to prove the Tertiary SmartRider that you are using belongs to you. Also your Tertiary SmartRider is required to be in ‘working condition’. Damaged/unreadable SmartRiders are not accepted as valid proof of concession.